Enter email to get notifications of new posts

Sunday, January 17

Art and homeless

Went to the concert and art show at Grace Presbyterian church last night. The concert was commissioned by Lands End Chamber ensemble. Backup chorus and some writing was by a singing group from the Drop-in Centre. Afterward there was an art show of works of artists working out of various shelter/homeless agencies.

I was made aware of this by Wyatt, my friend I met at the Foothills shelter. He took up art a short while ago and is making amazing strides. I will put a link here to his web site once it is finalized. He has started selling his art and has some corporate commissions. I remember him telling me his schedule of practicing various techniques each day which reminded me of what I already knew: I'm not going to get better by thinking about it - practice, practice, practice !

No comments: